The electric meat slicer is one of the best kitchen appliances ever invented. It leverages the job of a simple knife and makes kitchen tasks easier. Aside from reliability and efficiency of use, an electric meat slicer can also help cut cost due to buying pre sliced deli meats.
By using a slicer, the unprocessed meat, or poultry in bulk can be sliced according to the desired thickness so that people can make their own deli meat deli-style sizes in the comfort of their own homes.
When thinking about buying an electric meat slicer one should consider the important features that must be examined before buying. These features give insight in to how reliable the meat slicer can be during use.
Here are some of the features that need to be checked before buying a meat slicer:
The material it is made of
The most ideal materials a slicer can feature are stainless steel metal and cast aluminum. Therefore, when checking the features of the electric slicer always checks if it is made of stainless steel and cast aluminum. It cannot be avoided however that some parts are made of plastic, but make sure that most component parts are made of stainless steel and cast aluminum.
The Safety features are very important as they will determine how the operator can be safe while using the electric meat slicer. One important feature is the locking feature for the blade. A meat slicer must have a button that locks the food carriage so that the blade cannot be accessed by children when not in use.
The size of the blade
The size of the blade can be an indicator of the efficiency of slicing. For small operations it is desirable to use blades that measure 7 or 9 inches in diameter, while for high volume operations it is best to use a 10 or 12 inch cutting blade.
The power of the motor
The reliability of an electric meat slicer will primarily depend on the power output of the motor. The stronger it’s motor the more efficient it can slice. Some customers complain of buying motors that easily overheat after just a few minutes of use. A case like this is an example of a food slicer with a low quality motor. To avoid this it is best to buy a meat slicer with a motor output of at least 1/3 horsepower. Such a motor can be used for 2 to 3 hours of operation a day.
There are so many electric meat slicers on the market today. Some of the features above can already help in distinguishing which electric meat slicers stand out when it comes to efficiency of use. Below are reviews of some of the most outstanding electric meat slicers on Amazon today.
|DELLA Commercial Electric Meat Slicer Blade Deli Cutter Veggies Kitchen||$||4.1/5|
|ARKSEN© Electric Commercial Deli Meat Slicer||$||4.2/5|
|Best Choice Products Food Slicer||$$||3.9/5|
|Chef's Choice 615 Premium Electric Food Slicer||$$||4.4/5|
|Chef's Choice 615 Premium Electric Food Slicer||$$||4.4/5|
|BESWOOD 10" Premium Food Slicer||$$||4.3/5|
|KWS Premium Food Slicer||$$$||4.6/5|
|ARKSEN© 8.7"-inch Electric Deli Meat Slicer||$||4.2/5|
|VonShef Precision Electric Food Slicer||$$||3.3/5|
|Zeny Electric Meat Slicer||$$$||4.4/5|
DELLA Commercial Electric Meat Slicer Blade Deli Cutter Veggies Kitchen Review
The DELLA Commercial Electric Meat Slicer Blade Deli Cutter Veggies Kitchen is a very good option among its class. It is a perfect addition to kitchen appliances for homes and restaurants because of its great features. It provides very efficient functionality for slicing meats and other foods because of the tilted position of its food carriage.
In addition, it utilizes a stainless steel blade. Since the blade is rust-proof and stainless it is easier to clean. It also comes with a built-in blade sharpener which can be used to keep the blade sharp at all times. Aside from this, it is equipped with a spiked meat holder for keeping the meat firm while being pushed toward the blade.
- Dimensions 9.5 x 17 x 11.5 inches
- Weighs 12 pounds
- 7 inch stainless steel blade
- Comes with built-in sharpener to keep the blade sharp for optimum performance
- Equipped with sliding meat carriage which makes perfect slices
- Includes a spike meat holder for keeping meat firm while being pushed toward the blade
- Precision thickness control for slicing foods up to 5/8 of an inch thick
- Motor power output of 180 watt
- Works with a 120-volt power source
- Uses suction cups for its feet
- Features a tilted food carriage
- Warranty can be requested by contacting manufacturer’s customer service
- The owner can buy meat in bulk and slice it with this electric meat slicer
- Easy to clean
- Component parts can be detached easily
- Built-in sharpener to maintain the sharpness of the blade
- Modern, elegant design
- Affordable price
- Stainless steel blade can easily and efficiently cut a variety of foods
- A little bit noisy
- Warranty is not described
- The manual doesn’t provide contact information for the manufacturer
The DELLA Commercial Electric Meat Slicer Blade Deli Cutter Veggies Kitchen is a good electric meat slicer. It uses a stainless steel blade with a diameter of 8.7 inches to cut meats efficiently. In addition to this, the tilted position of the food carriage helps slice the food efficiently as the position keeps the food against the support plate while being pushed toward the blade. The price of this slicer is affordable and can be considered cheap for the many benefits it provides.
ARKSEN Electric Commercial Deli Meat Slicer Review
The ARKSEN Electric Commercial Deli Meat Slicer is popular among professional chefs and moms because of its tested quality. Aside from being affordable, this meat slicer has a wide range of features that qualify it as a great meat slicer that everyone should have in their kitchen. It uses 7.5 inch serrated blade that can easily slice a variety of foods. Many users find it best when cutting frozen meat and cheese. Its component parts can be detached easily for cleaning.
- Dimensions 15” x 9” x 11”
- Weigh 13 pounds
- Includes with spike meat holder
- 5 inches serrated steel blade that can easily slice frozen meats, and other foods
- Comes with suction cup feet for added stability
- Uses a 180 watt torque motor
- Required voltage input of 110 volts
- Features a thickness adjustment knob that can be adjusted from deli thick to a maximum of 5/8 inches
- Includes tilted food carriage for efficient slicing
- The blade can be easily removed for cleaning
- Slices evenly especially with cheese and frozen meat.
- The provided spike meat holder can maintain a firm grip for more efficient slicing
- Affordable price
- Requires no tools when cleaning the blade
- Can slice paper thin
- Powerful torque motor
- Thickness adjustment knob can be easily adjusted
- The meat carriage slides efficiently which helps in getting a perfect slice
- Valid safety and health requirements
- Warranty is not clear
- The blade is very sharp so the user should use a pair of cut resistant gloves while operating.
Many buyers find the ARKSEN Electric Commercial Deli Meat Slicer affordable. It lives up to the quality sought by professional chefs and moms for a meat slicer. It has a rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars on Amazon which means more customers are satisfied with its performance. Aside from affordability it is more appreciated because of its ability to slice meat efficiently and perfectly using its sharp 7.5 inch serrated blade.
Best Choice Products New 10" Blade Commercial Deli Meat Cheese Food Slicer Premium Quality review
The Best Choice Products New 10" Blade Commercial Deli Meat Cheese Food Slicer Premium Quality is a must have kitchen appliance for everyone. Compared to using a knife when slicing meats and ingredients, this electric slicer will make cooking preparation faster and more efficient. This slicer comes with wonderful features. It can be used to produce slices of deli meat according to the desired size. It has a precision thickness control adjustment that helps in choosing the desired slice thickness from deli-thin to a maximum of 5/8- inches thick (17 mm). In addition, it uses a heavy-duty 10-inch stainless steel blade that can cut through a variety of foods. It is also very sturdy as it uses skid proof rubber feet so that it will not move during operation.
- It weighs 46.9 pounds
- Dimensions 23 x 19.3 x 18.3 inches (L x W x H)
- Feet made of skid proof rubber
- On/ off switch with waterproof cover for safety
- Torque motor that has an output power of 240 watts.
- Construction parts are made of high -quality stainless steel
- Food carriage is tilted in design for fast and efficient slicing
- Includes device handle for pushing the meat across the blade.
- Features heat exhaust holes under the slicer to lessen heat during operation
- Comes with built-in Dual whetstones which can be used for sharpening the blade
- Includes big sliced meat exit so that the meat can quickly slide out during operation
- Numerical scale knob for adjusting the precise thickness of deli meat from 0 to 17 mm.
- Comes with stainless steel fixed device made of steel nails for fixing the meat in place during operation
- The precise thickness control adjuster is easy to use especially with the help of the numerical scale knob
- The tilted design makes it easier to slice meat
- Very sturdy
- The blade is very sharp, the operator should wear a pair of cut resistant gloves for safety during operation.
- The blade is rust proof which makes it easier to clean
- Includes safety features such as the fixed handle device that protects the operator while pushing the meat across the blade.
- The motor will not overheat during operation because the unit is built with heat output holes under the meat slicer for dispersing heat.
- The blade can be sharpened safely and conveniently using the built-in dual whetstones
- The meat slides out quickly through the big meat exit just behind the machine
- A heavy duty machine designed for commercial use
- The motor runs smoothly
- Very durable
- Cleaning will take a little time. It needs screwdrivers to detach the blade
The Best Choice Products New 10" Blade Commercial Deli Meat Cheese Food Slicer Premium Quality is ideal for commercial use. The price is decent for the durability and efficiency of this slicer. It is of amazing quality. When it comes to slicing, this machine provides great ease and efficiency. The tilted design of the food carriage makes slicing less tiring. In addition to that it ensures the safety of the user by providing safety features like a grip handle for pushing meat safely across the blade.
Chef's Choice 615 Premium Electric Food Slicer Review
The Chef's Choice 615 Premium Electric Food Slicer is one among the best electric food slicers on the market. It is skillfully engineered to meet the expectations of both professional and home chefs when it comes to efficiency, power, and smooth operation.
The Chef’s Choice 615 Premium Electric Food Slicer is also sophisticated in style. It is made of cast aluminum and stainless steel and comes with controlling portions that you can easily manage. It also comes with food carriage that can be fully retracted to slice a wide variety of foods. In addition to that, its torque motor has a power rating of 120 watts which makes slicing more efficient.
- Its structural components are made of cast aluminum and stainless steel
- Approximately 10 pounds in weight
- Dimensions 15 x 11 x 11
- It uses a multipurpose, 7 inch stainless steel blade
- On/off switch for intermittent and continuous operation
- Serving tray weighing 11 lbs.
- The blade, food carriage, food deflector, food pusher and thickness guide can be easily removed for cleaning
- The Food carriage is tilted so that slicing is fast and efficient
- Includes large food carriage that can be fully retracted to fit extra- large foods
- Precision thickness control for slicing foods from deli -thin to ¾” thick
- The food pusher is made of metal and installed with a non-slip and easy to grip handle
- 120 watt torque motor that runs smoothly
- 1 year warranty
- Features a button that secures blade to lock position when not in use.
- It is stainless and made of aluminum
- The slicer mechanism runs smoothly
- Not too heavy to carry
- The plug has its own storage compartment
- Very easy to clean
- Comes with a manual
- Solid and well made
- Comes with a warranty
- Large food carriage
- Button that locks the position of blade when not in use.
- It works much better slicing frozen or partially frozen meat
- Not eligible for international shipping
The Chef's Choice 615 Premium Electric Food Slicer is highly recommended. Many users find the cantilever design a time saver because sliced foods can go directly to the plate. In addition, it has a button that locks the blade when not in use. This is a very secure feature which protects children from harm. On top of that, this electric food slicer uses an incredibly powerful torque motor that runs smoothly.
Weston 9-Inch Food Slicer
The Weston 9-inch Food slicer is currently among the top models of electric food slicers on the market. The increasing demand of its model is credited to its efficiency of operation and sturdiness of construction. This heavy-duty slicer is ideal for slicing a wide variety of foods, whether it is meat, cheese, vegetables and more.
Using the adjustable thickness control knob, the Weston 9-inch Food slicer slices foods from deli thick to ½ inch. Therefore, making steak sandwiches with this slicer is easy. With onions, pepper, gooey cheese, and mushrooms there’s no need to get out of the house. This slicer features an adjustable thickness control that helps make deli thin slices, or a hearty size for layering the sandwich.
- 8 pounds
- Dimensions 12.1 x 19.4 x 14.4 (L x W x H)
- Suction cup feet that keep it in place while in use
- Removable blade and food tray for easy cleaning
- Equipped with 8 5/8 “stainless steel blade
- Smooth sounding 150 watt torque motor
- Includes adjustable thickness control for slicing from deli thin to ½ inch thick
- Compact design which makes it easy to store and carry.
- The blade doesn’t rust because it is made of stainless steel material
- It can be used for slicing foods from deli- thin to 1/2”
- Easy to clean features because most of the components can be detached easily, especially the blade.
- Sturdy construction because it uses a suction cup feet.
- This model is compact in design therefore it can be carried easily and it can be stored without hassle.
- It has a large sized blade for more efficient cutting
- It uses a powerful belt- driven motor for optimum cutting performance
- Best for slicing frozen foods like frozen meat or fish
- It has a very sharp blade which makes it easy to cut through foods.
- It has no safety button
- Not eligible for international shipping
At a decent price The Weston 9-inch Food slicer will definitely benefit buyers. Slicing foods will be easier with this slicer. It is equipped with a 8 5/8 inch sharp blade which can cut through any food you feed through it. Therefore precaution should be taken while using this slicer. The user is advised to use a pair of cut resistant gloves while operating this slicer.
In addition, The Weston 9-inch Food slicer is compact in design so there is no hassle in keeping it. It can be carried anywhere without using too much force unlike bigger and heavier slicers. One negative of this product is a lack of a safety button, but it has an on/off switch just like any other electric food slicer so the user is advised to be cautious while using this slicer.