Whether you’re a professional that works in a kitchen, a deli, or a butchery, or even at the comfort of your home kitchen, we’re sure you’ve Googled what is the best knife for cutting raw meat, and you can’t wait to get your hands on it.
If you have any experience in cooking, then more often than not, you’ve worked on raw meat before, and you are well aware that a horrible knife can truly ruin your ingredient preparation experience.
With that said, we looked into three great examples of knives that sure to get you inspired for that next great dish. Here they are:
Table of Contents
ZWILLING J.A. Henckels International Classic 8-Inch Chef’s Knife
- The ZWILLING J.A. Henckels International Classic 8-Inch Chef’s Knife is fabricated from German stainless steel that is known for being high-quality.
- The knife’s fully forged construction makes it durable plus a seamless transition from handle to blade.
- This chef’s knife’s satin-finished and professional blade is designed for precision cutting and honed for sharpness that is long-lasting.
- The traditional triple-rivet and ergonomic handle gives this knife balance and provides you with the utmost comfort.
- It is dishwasher-safe.
- This ZWILLING classic 8-inch chef’s knife is a multipurpose knife. It can be used for mincing, chopping, dicing, and slicing.
- The knife is made of stain-resistant carbon steel that’s hot drop forged for durability.
- The ZWILLING chef’s knife has a full bolster that provides weight and ensures safety.
- The knife measures 13 x 2 x 1 inches and weighs 10.4 ounces.
Pros & Cons
- Kitchen workhorse that can cut almost anything
- Sharp and sturdy
- Great for vegetables, fruits, fish, and meat
- Stable grip
- Weight that provides balance and ease of use
- Blade resharpens beautifully
- Remains sharp for a long time
- Despite its sharpness, the blade is parallel to the handle which makes it awkward for slicing action especially if you’re used to blades that have the bottom at a slight angle to the handle.
Newild Professional Kitchen Knife
- The Newild Professional Kitchen Knife is precision-forged with a hand-polished blade, high carbon stainless steel, and an anti-acid and anti-aging handle.
- The blade is wear-resistant, ultra sharp and non-stick. It also has anti-corrosion and anti-bacterial properties and was designed for easy cleanup.
- The blade is made from 7Cr17Mov stainless steel with vanadium, molybdenum, and a 15-angle manual polish but is lightweight and sharp making cutting effortless.
- The kitchen knife’s ergonomic handle was designed to ensure maneuverability and a comfortable grip.
- The Newild knife has an integrated blade and handle.
- This professional kitchen knife has a special waved pattern making it particularly striking.
- This Newild’s chef knife is suitable for cutting vegetables, bread, fillets, or even meat making it one of the most versatile tools in your kitchen.
- The Newild Professional Kitchen Knife’s length including the handle is 13 inches. The blade measures 8 inches in length and 1.7 inches in thickness. The handle’s length is at 5 inches.
- This knife has a Pakka wood handle for a comfortable grip and is lightweight at around 6.7 ounces.
Pros & Cons
- Extremely comfortable to use
- Handle is very sturdy and heavy but ergonomic
- Handle was designed in a way that prevents water from getting in and seeping into the Pakka wood, helping it stay mold-free
- Ultra sharp blade making cutting produce and other ingredients including meats a breeze
- Beautiful design that makes the knife stand out
- Stays sharp for a long time
- The Damascus print is just that, an etched pattern. If you’re looking for an actual Damascus knife, then this isn’t it.
DALSTRONG 7-Inch Cleaver – Gladiator Series
- The DALSTRONG cleaver from the Gladiator Series is a versatile, multi-purpose cleaver that features outstanding craftsmanship and has stunning design elements. It is also made with cutting-edge technology and premium materials.
- This cleaver is razor-sharp with a full tang. It is made from high-carbon German steel with a hand-polished edge at 18 degrees on each side making dicing and ultra-thin slicing effortless.
- The DALSTRONG cleaver has a satisfying heft, and quality feels to it. Its handle is made from luxury black Pakka wood that is triple-riveted with a grip that ensures maneuverability and comfort.
- The cleaver’s handle is laminated for durability, water- and stain-resistance, and sanitation purposes.
- This DALSTRONG Gladiator Series Cleaver is hand polished to a satin finish and engineered at 55 Rockwell hardness. It is also carefully tapered for flexibility, minimal slicing resistance, and improved hardness.
- The cleaver’s tall blade provides useful knuckle clearance.
- This cleaver sharpens and cleans easily.
- The DALSTRONG Gladiator Series Cleaver measures 15.8 by 4.9 by 1.4 inches and weighs 33.4 ounces.
- The manufacturer offers a lifetime warranty as well as a 100% money-back guarantee.
Pros & Cons
- A true workhorse, perfect for busy kitchens.
- Good heft and a very sharp blade that makes child’s play out of meat and poultry
- Perfect for chopping, mincing, and dicing tough vegetables and fruits
- The handle doesn’t perfectly fit the blade which can make for some wobbling and an uncomfortable cutting experience given enough time.
The Best Knife for Cutting Raw Meat
We have looked into three of the best knives for cutting raw meat on the market today. We have gone over their pros and cons, too. Which do you think is the right one for you? We can say that each of them boasts of sharpness, durability, and comfort. However, if you prefer a lightweight knife for daily cooking, then the Newild Chef knife 8 inch professional Kitchen Knife is your new best bud. It is lightweight at 6.7 ounces with an ergonomic handle and sharp blade that make cutting an effortless job.
Meanwhile, if versatility is your A-game, then the J.A. Henckels International CLASSIC 8″ Chef’s Knife is your best choice. It is a multipurpose knife that can be used for mincing, chopping, dicing, and slicing. Moreover, if you need a knife that can keep up with heavy-duty meat and poultry preparation as well as versatile to be used in cutting, chopping, dicing, and even mincing vegetables and fruits, then the DALSTRONG 7″ Cleaver from the Gladiator Series is your best bet.
Again, each knife gets the job of cutting raw meat done. What you are to look for, or consider, are these knives’ other uses; will you be able to use them on other food preparation techniques or methods? After all, knives are part of our daily lives, especially if cooking is your passion.