If you are a person who loves to grill and BBQ, you probably know the importance of a good pair of tongs. Using a pair with the right length and springiness can turn this activity into a fun experience. The best tongs for grilling keep your hands safe and give you the right grip.
Whether you need to flip a large stake, pick an ear of slippery corn, or reach the chicken pieces at the end of the grill, a heavy-duty set of tongs can make things a lot easier for you. When your hand safety is guaranteed, you can cook fearlessly.
Table of Contents
Best Tongs for Grilling Reviews
DRAGONN Locking Tongs
This is a high quality, professional cooking tong set from the famous kitchenware brand Dragonn. Their uniqueness is the non-slip and stylish rubber handle to ensure a perfect and strong grip so you feel comfortable and safe while grilling, cooking or doing the barbeque.
These exclusive features of Dragonn tongs make them a unique and optimal choice:
- High Quality: Dragonn tongs are known for their high quality and versatility. Top-quality brushed stainless steel is used in their construction. Dragonn tongs come in two premium sizes that are 12 and 9 inches, making them a great choice for grilling, cooking or BBQ.
- Safe and Easy to Use: Dragonn kitchen tongs come with unique non-slip handles and thumb rests to ensure griller’s ease and safety. They are cushioned and have slightly raised edges to provide a strong grip, ensuring that the food never slips from your hand.
- Dishwasher Safe: You do not have to worry about scrubbing Dragonn tongs. They are dishwasher safe, making things a lot easier.
- Easy to Store: Dragonn kitchen tongs have a simple and unique locking mechanism. You can simply click the tongs to close, and then slip them in a drawer to save storage space, or you can also hang them by the large hanging hoops on end.
- Lifetime Warranty: The most captivating feature of Dragonn tongs is their lifetime warranty.
Dragonn kitchen tongs have all the best features at a great price. The unique and simple lock feature gives them an extra boost. When not in use, you can close them by a simple click. This makes it a really good product in terms of storage.
Another great feature of Dragonn tongs is that they are dishwasher safe. No hustle of scrubbing them off separately, you can simply wash them in the dishwasher with the other dishes.
Although a non-slip rubber handle provides the best grip, with even a small negligence, it can melt. This can result in making the tool completely useless. Another issue comes with its carbon steel spring. In a humid place, this spring is prone to corrosion. The company should consider replacing it with a stainless-steel spring.
Pros & Cons
- Easy to lock
- Large hoops for convenient storage
- Dishwasher Safe
- Rubber handles are not resistant to heat
- Carbon steel spring is prone to erosion
ALLWIN-HOUSEWARE W Tongs
Founded in 2017, ALLWIN-HOUSEWARE takes pride in manufacturing high-quality products with a simple and practical concept. They introduced a pair of tongs you can count on. With an easy lock mechanism and a firm grip, ALLWIN-HOUSEWARE has manufactured these with stainless-steel to make them corrosion resistant.
ALLWIN-HOUSEWARE kitchen tongs have great features that make them stand out in the crowd:
- Multi-Purpose: The two sizes (12 and 9 inches) make these tongs perfect for every style of cooking. The 12-inch tongs are great to keep your hands safe from the heat while grilling. Furthermore, the 9-inch tongs serve as an all-rounder for serving and cooking.
- Pull-Ring Technology: The lock mechanism of ALLWIN-HOUSEWARE kitchen tongs make them unique and easy-to-use. It keeps the tongs from opening and closing accidentally while cooking. This gives you better control.
- Heat Resistant: ALLWIN-HOUSEWARE tongs are heat resistant up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. This makes them a great choice for grilling and cooking over the open stove.
- Easy to Wash and Store: These tongs are safe to wash in the dishwasher. They also allow easy storage with large hanging hoops.
The non-slip grip to hold any kind of textured food is the best feature of this product. It also ensures the stability and comfort of the griller. With such a high heat-resistivity, these tongs are set to live a long life, making them an excellent choice.
The locking mechanism of ALLWIN-HOUSEWARE kitchen tongs is not very durable. The pin that holds the tongs together is small. If it comes out, the tong becomes loose and wobbly.
Pros & Cons
- Better price range
- Larger hoops for convenient storage
- Dishwasher safe
- Lock mechanism is not durable
GRILLHOGS Barbecue Grill Tongs
GRILLHOGS is a leading name in the kitchenware industry. They specialize in manufacturing the best-in-town grilling tools as their barbeque tongs provide a firm, strong gripping power. The cascading rounded top adds extra grip and precision to this tool.
GRILLHOGS BBQ grill tongs come with extraordinary features:
- Durability: These tongs are crafted for weathered BBQ grillers with top quality stainless-steel and damage resilient oak-wood to endure endurance.
- Safe to Use: With long handles, GRILLHOGS tongs keep your hands safe from the heat while cooking. The wooden oak handles ensure that your hands stay cool while cooking heavy meals.
- Easy to Use: The robust and smooth wooden oak handle has made this tong unique and popular. It provides unmatched comfort and ease.
- Firm Grip: The scallop-edged clamp with heavy-duty capacity provides extra grip to hold all kinds of food, regardless of size, weight, and texture.
- Easy to lock: You can easily lock these tongs and hang them using the hook feature.
The solid oak handles of GRILLHOGS tongs are their best feature. They also ensure a solid and firm grip while keeping your fingers away from the heat and fire.
Dishwashing is not recommended when it comes to GRILLHOGS tongs due to the oak handles. Hence, you will have to clean them with warm soapy water.
Pros & Cons
- Stainless steel and solid oak manufacturing
- Hook for convenient hanging
- Easy to hold and strong grip
- Not dishwasher safe
Joinkitch Kitchen Tongs
Joinkitch, a renowned brand in kitchenware, has introduced a classic set of tongs. One of them is 12 inches while the other is 9 inches. They are made up of food-grade stainless-steel, perfect to cook on high flame.
The Joinkitch kitchen tongs have versatile features such as:
- Easy to Use: The sturdy, non-slip handles help the griller in lifting and flipping easily with the perfect grip.
- Easy to Lock: You can lock the Joinkitch tongs with a simple move. To lock the tongs, pull the ring at the end. Whereas to unlock, push the ring down.
- Easy to Store: You can pull up the lock at the end to close the tongs for easy storage in a drawer or simply hang them up.
- Firm Grip: The scalloped edges provide you with a firm grip, regardless of the food’s shape and texture.
- Easy to Clean: The Joinkitch tongs are dishwasher safe.
One of the two tongs has a spatula at one side. You can use it for cooking fish and fried steak and use the other for grilling and BBQ. The lock mechanism is simple and easy to use.
The hanger ring is small when it comes to big cut out hangers or large molded polymer hangers. Moreover, the single pull/push blade type lock is prone to damage. If it comes out during cooking, it can result in a disaster. It also feels fairly light for heavy-duty stakes.
Pros & Cons
- Stainless steel manufacturing
- Dishwasher safe
- Easy to lock
- Non-durable lock mechanism
- Small hanger ring
Weber 6610 Original Tongs
Weber 6610 Original Tongs are considered one of the most heavy-duty designs in the market. Weber’s well-engineered tongs feature an elongated textured handle along with a functional storage ring at the top. The lightweight springiness, firm grip, and comfortable feel make this pair one of the most liked tongs among avid grillers.
Weber 6610 Original Tongs have several handy features including:
- Firm Grip: The unique front-end design of Weber 6610 tongs provides you with a secure grip on various kinds of food.
- Comfy: The soft-touch, long handles make the grip non-slip and comfortable.
- Lock Mechanism: The Weber 6610 has pull/push locking mechanism. You can hang them by the large hoop at the top for easy storage.
- Dishwasher Safe: Weber 6610 tongs are perfectly safe to wash in a dishwasher.
Weber 6610 original tongs are 17 inches long. Despite the length, these tongs work great in lifting heavy and textured food.
Since the tongs are designed for lifting heavy-duty food, they can sometimes be too heavy for the griller. The combination of the large weight and length can be too much for smaller-handed grillers.
Pros & Cons
- Stainless steel manufacturing
- Long and heavy duty
- Compact storage
- Dishwasher safe
- Does not offer one-hand locking
- Too large for small food items
While standing in the kitchen corner of a grocery store, every product looks promising. However, before buying your first pair of kitchen tongs, you might want to make sure that you get the best possible ones as you will be using this tool for a long time. Here are a few things to consider when you go to tong shopping
Tongs are made from various materials including metal, plastic, bamboo, steel and stainless steel. The ones crafted from metal and stainless steel are the most popular and commonly used.
Most tongs have a locking mechanism to ensure safety during cooking. There are two types of locks: one type can be opened using one hand, whereas the other requires both hands. Choose according to your comfort.
Tongs come in various sizes, starting from 5 to 18 inches. Different sizes work best for different styles of cooking. However, if you are buying tongs for BBQ and grilling, medium to long length tongs will work best. They will save you from getting too near the fire.
Tongs come with different kinds of front ends. However, the most commonly used head style for BBQ and grilling is scalloped edges as it provides a firm and comfortable grip.
You might not think of it as an important feature. But when it comes to storing your tongs while not in use, this becomes a crucial issue. If you plan to store your tongs in a drawer, any tongs will do. However, if you want to hang them, look for the one with a hoop or loop at the hinge of the tongs.
The most important thing to consider while buying tongs is your comfort. You might want to use yours for a long time. Hence, it is very important to notice if it feels comfortable in your hand and fits perfectly. Do a test lift and see if it puts any strain on your hand.
What Are Grilling Tongs?
Grilling tongs are kitchenware tools, used specifically for grilling and BBQ. They are engineered in a way that they can hold, lift, and flip heavy-duty meat while keeping the griller’s hands safe from the heat.
What Are Grilling Tongs Made of?
Grilling tongs are made from a variety of materials such as metal, plastic, bamboo, steel and stainless steel.
How to Choose the Right Size of Tongs?
It depends on the application. If you are buying tongs for deep frying, grilling or BBQ, opt for long ones. However, if you want to use tongs for other purposes such as serving or ice holding, you can opt for small ones.
Where to Store Grilling tongs?
If you bought ones which can be locked, put them in a drawer for convenient storage. However, if the tongs have a hook or a loop near the hinge, you can hang them.
How to Clean and Wash Grilling Tongs?
If the tongs are dishwasher safe, you can simply put them in the dishwasher. Otherwise, you can use warm soapy water to wash the tongs for neat and hygienic cooking.
The grilling tools market is filled with various kinds of tongs. However, each has its own benefits and drawbacks. It is always better to buy a product that suits your needs the best. Looking at the buyer’s guide and following the said criteria, DRAGONN Locking Tongs seems to be the best choice out of our list of best tongs for grilling, as this product is highly durable, versatile and affordable.
The issues of spring erosion and rubber handle not being resistant to heat can be addressed by taking a little more care. Even if any of them happens, you can use the lifetime warranty.
Another great option is GRILLHOGS tongs. If you clean the tongs right after use, it will not take long to scrub them. The fact that they are so unique and versatile hinders the drawback of them not being dishwasher safe.