If you have been struggling to cut large pieces of meat evenly and quickly, or you have to cut cheese into standard sizes quickly, a meat slicer can save you a lot of time and energy.
A meat slicer should be sturdy, durable and give you consistently even slices, whether you are slicing meat, cheese or vegetables.
But which one will be suitable if you are looking for something that can handle large jobs? We are here to help. In this review we take a look at the F2C professional meat slicer so you don’t have to cut your fingers on thousands of different machines.
We have gone to the trouble and tested this one for you. We have put it through its paces and will give you our opinion so you easily decide if this slicer is the one for you.
This F2C professional semi-automatic meat slicer is a sturdy meat slicer with a strong 240 Watt motor. It is quiet and has rubber feet so it won’t slip and slide on your counter. It is made from stainless steel that can take a beating. It comes with one 10 inch (254mm) diameter blade and two whetstones so you can keep it sharp.
It has a numerical scale and adjustment knob so you can set the thickness of the slices you want. It has a dual handle system and has heat output vents to help keep the motor cool. The blade has a protective cover and it also has a tray to collect the food you have sliced.
The tray and the blade cover are removable and dishwasher safe. It is made in China. This slicer has quite a few professional looking features. But take a look at our pro and con lists, and our verdict, so you can see if it performs as well as you would like.
- It has rubber feet to make it skid proof for countertop use
- It is not noisy
- It is easy to clean and maintain
- It is made from durable stainless steel
- It has one blade and two whetstones
- It works on 110Volts with a 240Watt motor
- It comes with an instruction manual
- It has sharpening control buttons
- It has a numerical scale adjustment for the slice thickness
- It has a dual handle system
- It has heat output holes to keep the motor cool
- It is made in China
- The blade as a 10 inch diameter (254 mm)
- Weight: 35 pounds ( 15.87 kg)
- Dimensions: 21 x 16 x16 inches (53.34 x 40.46 x 40.46 cm)
Pros & Cons
- The slide tray and blade cover is dishwasher safe
- It is a heavy duty slicer
- The slicer is easy to use
- It is smooth, quiet and precise
- It works well for larger jobs and large pieces of meat
- The motor runs well and handles large jobs
- The two whetstones makes sharpening the blade easy
- It is durable and can handle a large variety of foods
- It does not move around or skid on the counter
- The manual is disappointing and difficult to understand
- The slicer is heavy and difficult to move
- The tray behind the blade is too small and causes a blockage at the blade
- The rotary adjustment knob for the slice thickness can get stuck
- It is a bit tricky to clean
- It is very expensive compared to other models of this type
If you are looking for a meat slicer that can handle large pieces of meat, from cold cuts to hot sausages, this F2C professional slicer delivers what you need.
It is a heavy duty slicer that runs surprisingly quietly for a machine that can handle large jobs. It is easy to use and runs smoothly. It will give you precise cuts and the whetstones included in the deal will help you to keep the blade sharp.
The rubber feet really are skid proof and this slicer has no danger of starting to feel the beat and move around. It is durable and the blade is a good size.
It has to be said though, that it comes with a manual that seems to be written by someone who has very little grasp of English. The manual is not useful and if this is your first slicer you will need to read up some more before you use it. It is quite a heavy machine, which is both a good and a bad thing.
It will not jiggle or slip, but it will be a heavy guy to move if you need to store it after every use. The manufacturer promises easy cleaning, but it is actually a bit tricky to be sure everything is spotless.
The tray behind the blade is actually a bit small to handle the large jobs the blade is designed for and food can get stuck at the blade. This is also really a pricey slicer so you will need a heavily padded wallet.
A cut above the rest?
This slicer is a good choice if you need something that can take a punch and keep going. It will happily cut a huge variety of things without struggling and will do so quietly.
It is a pricey machine so if you just want something for light use around the home, something that comes in the mid-range might be a better choice.
On the other hand, if you are running a business you will be able to rely on the professionalism of the F2C slicer. It is a tough workhorse with a durable construction that won’t endanger your fingers by slipping.
If cleaning is not your forte, it can count against this slicer because it takes time to keep clean, and if your budget is tight it might not be the best choice. But we recommend this heavy-duty slicer as a good choice for a business (or any kitchen with large slicing jobs).